Tuesday, August 08, 2006

8/8/06: Day 25 (Tues.) Crazy Storm Night*

Not a whole lot of news to report...Evan is still doing well on the CPAP. Tonight they are moving him over into pod 3 (he was in pod 1 which is for the babies who need a lot of care). He'll have a window spot (how nice)...not sure if we have to pay extra for the window view! ;-) I got to hold him for almost the whole time we were there. T has some video footage, but he hasn't downloaded yet. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

We've learned that when Evan is held, he likes to be on his side and wrapped up like a burrito. Initially, I was holding him on his back and loose in a blanket. He kept getting super-mad (so much that he turns himself purple) and when he did that, he scrunched up his nose which unseated the CPAP on his nose. That in turn makes his O2 saturation drop and the monitors start going off. After wrapping him up and turning him on his side, he was a calm guy. He wasn't bubbling as much today even though his nurse said he still has a lot of crud coming up from his lungs. She had a little pacifier in his mouth (they use them a lot on preemies to get them used to the sucking sensation) and that seemed to calm him also.

For those of you reading this in the southern-Arizona region...you may have seen on the news about the crazy thunderstorms that blew through Tucson this evening. Guess who was driving home when they hit?! That was one of the worst storms I had ever seen. Visability was so bad that we pulled off into that park at the south end of Campbell/Kino Parkway along with a lot of other drivers. We had to hang out there for a while until the rain let up. We had rain off and on the whole drive home (not fun). Hopefully, better weather tomorrow in Tucson!



----------
UMC Charges: $6,784.10
Running Total: $238,201.04
----------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen & T.,

Evan is looking great and I am soo happy that he is doing so wonderful. I don't have a computer at home right now( it crashed!!). So I have to wait until I am at work to see how ya'll are doing.I prayed for Evan all weekend that he could go to the conv. resp. YEAH!! He is a very strong little boy and I am sure he will be home sooner than we can all imagine. I am so glad that the doctor decided that she felt he would do fine being changed.. Lots of luck & love from my family to yours....
Lynette
edd 9.25.06(Nathan)
*friend from BBC Sept. 06 Board*

Anonymous said...

YAY! All good news. I'm so glad that he's progressing so well. I saw that storm last night. It was scary! Its supposed to be a doozie tonight too...take care!

emily