Thursday, August 10, 2006

8/10/06: Day 27 (Thurs.) Taking a Break

As you can see, this obviously is not a picture of Evan! I had to snap this picture of Max, who faithfully stayed up with me while I wrote last night's blog at midnight. I hadn't even realized he was on the couch behind me until he started semi-snoring. :-)

We didn't drive up today to the hospital, I needed a little break from that drive. I spoke with his nurse around 10pm and not a whole lot to report. They took Evan off his Fentanyl drip, so no doubt he'll be fussy until his body gets used to that. He still gets Adivan periodically, so it's not as if he's completely without pain medication. He's still on the CPAP, which we expected. I'm taking bets from any of you out there on what day you think he'll be off the CPAP, give us your best guesses! :-)

I wanted to give a holler out to all of you who have been e-mailing me with your support and thoughts. I have been so bad about e-mailing people back and I apologize! I do appreciate all the e-mails! Even though I've been off work, my life has been revolving around pumping every 3 hours/24 hours a day (ouch) and driving back and forth to Tucson (I do get some sleep in between those times).

Oh, Bull, if you are reading this...note I changed the main title of the blog, just to stick it to ya a little more. I really think it will be Green Bay's year! ;-)

--------------
UMC Charges: $6,506.05
Running Total: $251,400.94
--------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I'm betting he comes off the CPAP, Oh, I don't know maybe Sunday..I hope it's Friday..I am sooo glad Evan is doing so well. He is a very strong little warrior..Can't wait til you can take him home girl..and I think Green Bay will do well this year also...I'm still praying for little Evan..I think about him alot..If I all of the sudden stop leaving comments it's because I've had my little man Nathan, I don't have a computer @ home at the moment and am using the one @ work to keep up with little Evan...Have a great day..

Lynette edd 9.25.06(Nathan)