Wednesday, August 02, 2006

8/1/06: Day 18 (Tues.) PIC Line Adjustment

If only there was a way to put the car on auto-pilot for that drive to Tucson! I have co-workers who do the drive every day and I don't know how they stay sane!

So, the visit was good, no major improvements from his condition yesterday. He was much more calm than yesterday when I got there, so I didn't do much but watch him through the incubator. I didn't want to take the chance of getting him fussy.

The one odd thing the nurse told me was earlier in the day his heart rate kept dipping lower thasn usual (below 100 and then it would jump into the 140s). They thought maybe it had to do with that PIC line; that maybe it slipped in too far and was tickling a part of his heart. They x-rayed him and I think they did adjust the line a bit.

He is still on the course of steroids for the next few days, so I don't think we'll know if they helped until the weekend. They only check his blood gases every 12 hours, so that is a good thing, showing his levels are getting normal. He is still getting minute doses of breast milk every 8 hours, so he was due for a "feeding" at 9pm last night.

-------------------
UMC Charges: $7,302.60
Running Total: $186,829.49
-------------------

No comments: