Monday, August 14, 2006

8/14/06: Day 31 (Mon.) ROP & Hearing Tests Tomorrow. I Month Old!*

Another slow and steady day! Not much news to report on aside that Evan is being the perfect patient in the NICU! ;-) I think tomorrow he is getting his eyes checked. All preemies get their eyes checked for a disease called Retinopathy of Prematurity or ROP. Since Evan was a 30+ weeker, he shouldn't have this disease, since it is more common in the littlest preemies. Both T and I held him today...I'm getting better at lifting him out of the crib (it's still scary with all those wires). Give me a few more tries and I'll be a pro by then!

Evan's nurse Marianne took all that white tape off his cannula and replaced it with clear tape, so you can see his face better in these vids.



In this vid, you can hear Evan doing this snorting thing. He had just had his repiratory therapy before we shot this:



Another vid where Evan was snorting (we were bored today, o.k.?)




Evan being all comfy while he was sleeping.



------------
UMC Charges: $4,949.25
Running Total: $275,349.64
------------

No comments: