Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/16/06: Day 33 (Wed.) ROP Test Results Good

Another good visit today...really not much to report. If Evan keeps tolerating all the increases to his feeds, he'll be off of the IV. Today he was up to 20ml with the goal being 35ml. He's being fed every 3 hours and every time they feed him they up the amount by 1ml. So, doing that math, by the next 15 feeds he should be at full feed (on Friday)!

I did get clarification on his ROP test results from the attending doctor, Dr. Tsai. She said his results sheet stated "Stage I Zone 2". Without going in detail (you can read about it on that hyperlink I posted), his results are of the mildest form with nothing to worry about. He'll be checked in 2 more weeks to see if the blood vessels improve.

This note is for my soccer buddies who may be reading this...you would not believe who I ran into when I was getting off the elevator at UMC....Barb! Barb was there to visit with her daughter who was in the ICU. Barb came up to the NICU and got to see Evan...it had been so long since I had seen her that she was shocked to hear I had a baby. She misses all the soccer ladies and wishes she could come back out and play.

------------
UMC Charges: $4,131.50
Running Total: $284,246.59
------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys! Evan is a cutie, good thing he takes after Jen!!

Take care!

Tim Pottala