Tuesday, April 03, 2007

4/3/07: Day 263 (Tues.) Round One

A story I forgot to tell yesterday (I had to save something to talk about for today). I ended up playing hooky from work on Monday...a few reasons...1)The house needed a good cleaning...2) T forgot to put my work laptop in my car so I had to run home to get it after driving to work...and 3) I had to errands to do like get Evan's new medications at Walgreens. I was mad about having to drive back home to get the laptop, and I had forgotten about a co-worker's birthday lunch at Applebee's; so I stopped by the luncheon and then went home to clean.

Anyhoo...as I was cleaning, I kept hearing this hammering sound. It sounded like it was coming from the backyard of my neighbor's house. It went on for while, then it would stop...it sounded like they were hammering on their outside shed. After a while I walked out back in the yard and I see a bird flying away from the side of the fireplace. It turns out it was a woodpecker boring into the outside corner of the fireplace! In the seven years we have lived here, we have never had a woodpecker! After I went back inside, it would keep coming back and I would run out to scare it.

When T got home today (Tuesday), he constructed a net-thing to keep the bird away from the hole. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but it should keep him away from making the hole deeper. Note the tennis ball stuck in the hole so you can see the size of the hole he made.



-----------
Chronological age: 37 weeks and 4 days
Adjusted/developmental age: 6 months, 2 week and 4 days
-----------

No comments: