Wednesday, October 11, 2006

10/11/06: Day 89 (Wed.) A trip out*

Today I decided to get out of the house since the weather was so nice. I had to go to the medical supply store to try to find that stuff to keep Evan's nasal cannula in place. I never knew that babies are people magnets when you being them into a store! The people at the medical supply store were very nice and gave me samples of a different type of adhesive. To buy the stuff the hospital was using would have been over $100 since you have to buy the whole box. Hopefully we'll find out next week if he even has to stay on the O2.

We also went to Target to get some diapers and stuff. Evan was great and slept most of the time in his carrier. I have come to the realization that when you are toting an infant, you can't make quick little trips to the store. And I want to know why does the Target parking lot in Sierra Vista have such a slope? It was tricky getting his carrier out of the shopping cart before the shopping cart scooted away down the parking lot.

O.k...so I was feeling a little adventurous...when I was switching out his cannula, I decided to see how he would do without it. Shhh, don't tell the doctors, but he was doing fine for over 30 minutes without his cannula.
-----------
Chronological age: 3 months 0 weeks and 5 days
Adjusted/developmental age: 3 weeks and 4 days
-----------

Evan having a happy day in his bouncer

1 comment:

Joey "Eggshells" said...

Hey what happened to the videos? Gimme a call when ya get a chance.