Friday, August 17, 2007

Making Travel Plans

At my job, when it rains, it pours when it comes to business travel. This week, I was starting to get my travel packet together for a trip I planned out to Reston, VA the first week in October. How convenient that my college homecoming is that weekend! ;-) Bummer that I have to fly in and out of Dulles airport (so I have to drive all the way to western PA and then back), but hey, it's free airfare so to speak.

Anyway...my co-worker and I have had on the back burner a conference in Kuwait (yes, Kuwait, the country that is surrounded by Iraq and Saudi Arabia). Since my co-worker has done most of the travel on our contract, it's my turn to go. I'm excited to go, but not too excited about the marathon flight to get there (it will probably take about 24-hours) and all the paperwork I have to get done for overseas travel.

The conference is scheduled for September and is on the counter-IED effort, which is one of the manuals we are working on. Ramadan will take place while I am there also...which should be interesting. No worries about safety, we will be on Camp Arifjan the entire time (straight from the airport to the camp). That camp is the main place the soldiers from in-country Iraq go for their R&R, so it's very safe.

I will definitely blog the event for everyone. I am also taking sign-ups for babysitters to help T while I'm gone on these two trips!

No comments: