Friday, August 10, 2007

Getting Scary...

Now that Evan has moved into the new stage of crawling, things get scary. For instance, this morning, I went into his room to get him up. He was doing his usual morning semi-cry to say "Come get me out of here now". When I walked into his room, I see these two little hands gripping the side rail and some eyes peering out from his crib. He managed to get himself up onto his knees and was trying to pull himself up.

We now have to re-think the crib set up since his mattress is already on the lowest level. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have bought the crib that I did. It looks nice and will transition to a toddler bed and then to a full size bed, but the side doesn't drop down and one side is higher than the other (sort of a sleigh bed style). I now worry that eventually he will be able to stand up and get out of (aka "fall out of") the crib. I've had people tell me that when their kids got to that developmental stage, they simply put the crib mattress on the floor with pillows around so if they rolled too far, the pillows caught them.

No comments: