Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thunder Mountain 5K

Today was the annual Thunder Mountain 5K/10K on post. Evan and I participated alongside two of my co-workers, Terri and JoNell. Terri is my buddy that walks the Bisbee steps with us. Terri ran the 5K, but I walked with JoNell. This was the first time doing a run since the Tucson Half Marathon back in December.

Evan thrilled as usual to be up early:


I hadn't had Evan in the jog stroller for a while, so I was worried he would get antsy out on the course. I had his favorite movie du jour (Cars) on the Ipod and he was engrossed the entire time. After the race, they held the Diaper Dash again for kids 3 and under. Evan was so antsy to run, he ran all by himself as a warm up; but when the whistle blew for the real start, he froze (must be performance anxiety).

This was the warm-up run (he looks like a real sprinter)!:


This was the real race (I think that girl looks older than 3)!





Afterwards, we went to the Landmark for breakfast. I was worried since we never go out to eat with Evan (he's in a nightmare stage). Luckily, the movie kept him occupied until the food came, and he actually ate! I ordered him a plate of 2 scrambled eggs and white toast. He ate almost the whole plate of eggs (which I had to cover in ketchup) with an adult fork. He nibbled on a bit of the toast too. So he truly is a social eater.

No comments: