Sunday, September 09, 2007

Travel Day 1 (Sunday)

A long day of travel ahead: Tucson - Chicago - London - Kuwait City. About 17.5 hours in the air; total travel time about 23 hours wuth all the layovers. The flight to Chicago was uneventful aside from the tight connection I had. It seems people on the flight felt as if they had all the time in the world to get off the plane. I had to scoot by a guy who was taking his good old time getting his carry-ons which made him a little angry. But people, if you don't have a connection, then sit down and let us get by! Luckily, my next gate was close-by, but for those of you who have travelled through O'Hare, you know what a nightmare it can be to get to your next gate.

After the "quick" 3.5 hour flight to Chicago, I settled in for the long haul to London (8 hours). I lucked out with a seat by the window. The gentleman beside me was enroute to Kenya where he was going to do volunteer construction work for a Catholic charity. He was an older guy (probably in his early 70's), but very fit.

No comments: