Wednesday, March 22, 2006

New car...sort of

O.k...I love my SUV (yes, I am one of those gas-guzzling-loving people)...but the gas prices have been killing me! I started researching some of the smaller cars out on the market that get a lot better gas mileage than my Trailblazer. Takeshi wasn't too happy when I started talking about a Kia Spectra5. I don't think the cool factor of a Kia was high enough for him. Then I looked at the Toyota Matrix which is a neat looking little car. Takeshi was the one who actually recommended I research the Honda Civic. So, I checked out the Civics on the Honda website and thought they were just fine.

Instead of going for new, I looked up Civics on cars.com and found a 2004 Civic EX at a dealership in Tucson. Only 30,000 miles, all the goodies (cruise control, a/c, power windows/locks, moonroof, etc...), silver color to hide the dirt.

The one thing I have to work on, is the 5-speed-thing. I never really drove a manual aside from the few times I had to drive Takeshi's Camaro in a pinch. Those few times, Takeshi would grimace (and almost shed a tear) as I pulled away griding the gears (just a little bit). This car is SO much easier to manage. I've only stalled a few times. This will be a much better car to do all those weekly trips I have to Tucson.

No comments: